This is the last post that will ever be published on talkRA. The optimism with which we move on to our new website at commsrisk.com is muted by the retirement of a long-serving and trusted servant. When talkRA began, there were no other websites discussing how to do revenue assurance. Times change, and so must we. Rivals to talkRA came and went; none survived for long. talkRA’s popularity grew each year.
Visitors came from far and wide. Visitor data was first collated on August 8th, 2008. Since then, talkRA has been read in 199 countries. We could never have imagined such an outcome, when we began work on a simple WordPress blog that went live after a couple of days of hacking.
talkRA had some definitive hits. A glance at the list of the top 10 most popular individual articles confirms that we told important stories that others missed, or chose to ignore, or were slow to identify. In reverse order, those articles were:
10. Revenue Assurance Maturity – Mike Willett’s views on the RA maturity model, from 26th October 2009.
9. Subex Dives; No management turnaround – criticism of Subex’s poor results and lack of strategy, published 24th May 2013.
8. Talking Revenue Assurance with Telenor – an 18th December 2008 interview with Einar Nymoen of Telenor, where we discussed maturity and coverage in the context of Telenor’s revenue assurance program.
7. New TMF Report on Revenue Assurance – my 5th February 2010 review of a TM Forum paper on revenue assurance, which gave equal measures of praise and criticism.
6. Subex CTO: Understanding the Connections – the 23rd February 2009 podcast interview with Mark Nicholson, then the Subex CTO, discussing how they would integrate Syndesis’ network expertise into Subex’s assurance products.
5. Revenue Assurance KPIs – the 17th July 2007 observation that cVidya’s software had incorporated a TM Forum ‘standard’ for KPIs even before anyone else knew about it.
4. Assured and Direct: Report from the Subex User Conference – an article from 27th October 2013 which discussed how Subex’s new CEO presented a refreshed company strategy at his first user conference.
3. Connectiva: No News is Not Good Enough – criticism of the public relations black hole surrounding the collapse of Connectiva, published on 27th June 2012.
2. Resell Your Cell – advice on the selling of used handsets from 13th February 2008.
1. Subex’s FCCB Worry – analysis of Subex’s looming debt burden as at 10th April 2008.
Many read those posts, whilst few will read this one; an automated redirect will soon whisk homepage visitors to our new home at Commsrisk. However, the old site will linger on the web, as an archive. After nearly one thousand posts, it is inevitable that every so often, somebody somewhere will click on a link that leads to one of our old articles ;)
talkRA is not dead but reborn, as a more comprehensive resource covering the expanding range of risks and issues that concern our readers. If you are reading this, let me thank you for being one of the thousands of people whose interest encouraged us to launch talkRA, to keep posting new articles on a regular basis, and eventually to create a new and upgraded home for our words. Please join us as at Commsrisk, were we intend to write a new chapter in our history.